With all your imperfection and imbalances, if you have the proper degree of empathy and respect for each other’s strengths and weaknesses, you can work with those differences.
- What is your most significant difference? And the second most significant? (and a third?)
- How much of your money conflicts are attributed to each of these differences?
- For each of your differences, rate how strong each of you are in your money type.
- Each of you should acknowledge secret envies and appreciations of each other’s money style. Be as open, honest and vulnerable as you can tolerate being.
- Share with each other one way you would like to be more like the other.
- For each difference, work together to come to a reasonable middle. It can be a new action, attitude or behavior. Reflect together on the progress.