When you live by your strengths and passions, you accomplish more and are happier.
How to discover your hidden strengths: Ask yourself these questions. Use lots of details to really paint a picture. Write down your answers. It can be helpful to do this with a caring friend or your spouse.
- What are you proud of in your life?
- What do you get complimented on most?
- What do you like about yourself?
- What are some of the biggest challenges in your life? How did you overcome them?
- What are some unusual skills you have?
- Suppose your best friend was asked about your strengths, what would they say?
- What is something that you can do that many others can’t do as well.
- What are some instances where you felt most successful?
- What comes easily to you or feels second nature?
- What do people ask you to help them with?
- What types of problems do you enjoy solving?
- What extra tasks have you taken on at work just because you like them?
- What kinds of things did you enjoy doing as a child?
Once you know your strengths, you can try to figure out how to incorporate those more into your life and work.