Your first compliments to her should not be about her looks or clothing. Most women want to be noticed for who they are as a person.
There are so many ways you can compliment someone.
- Their ideas: “That is such a great idea. That will really solve my problem.”
- Their thoughts: “That is such a positive way of looking at a crazy situation.”
- Their accomplishments: “That took such perseverance and it worked out so well. The crowd must have so enjoyed.” “You are really good at [this].”
- Their qualities: “You are so dedicated to those kids.” “You have a keen eye for details.”
You can follow up the compliment with a question: “What is your secret?” “How do you do that day in and day out?”
You can also follow up with how you are influenced by them: “Wow, that is a great outlook. I will try to integrate that into my life.”
A good compliment is:
- genuine and generous.
- unique. Not cliche, not “You’re the greatest.”
- specific. With details.