by Devora Krasnianski, founder of Adai Ad Institute
In order to build the foundation for a relationship, you need to create a meaningful connection, and this comes when you truly connect with who the other person is.
Asking the right questions can unlock the gates for a meaningful connection and deep understanding of one another.
I share here some powerful questions that help you really get to know each other. of course share about yourself as well. (You might also use these questions to get to know yourself a bit more.) ** Questions culled from several sources. If you have any questions to add to this list, please share.
Some ‘relationship experts’ suggest asking each other many such questions in one long sprint, all in one date. You might feel more comfortable slowly unpacking these topics. As you wish.
- What would constitute a perfect day for you?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- In 4 minutes, what is your life story?
- In your life, what has been the biggest blessing in disguise?
- What’s something you’re glad you’ll never have to do again?
- Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
- How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- What is your most terrible memory?
- What is the saddest story you have every heard?
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life so far?
- What is one area in your life that you are currently working on improving?
- What’s one thing you always procrastinate on?
- What do you value most in a friendship?
- What does friendship mean to you?
- If you were suddenly awarded a billion dollars, what would you do differently in your life?
- When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
- What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
- Is there anything you consider absolutely unforgivable?
- What is one behavior that you never tolerate?
- What is the one thing that makes you feel alive?
- If you could ask any person (alive or deceased) a question, who would it be and what would the question be?