- How many? Depends on how things are moving along.
Purpose of the meetings/ dates
- Build the relationship so that you
- feel safe to disclose whatever it is that you’d like to disclose
- want only the best for each other
- want to spend time together
- At some point, you will have to bring up the ‘undiscussables’, the things you don’t feel comfortable talking about – from difficult family issues to _________.
- At some point, you will have to let your guard down. Allow yourself to feel what you are feeling. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. Allow yourself not be in control of your feelings. This may be a very new feeling for you …
*What is emotional intimacy?
- feelings of deep friendship and mutual caring
- feeling more comfortable when together
- feeling concerned for the other’s welfare
- feeling affection toward each other
- feeling safe to disclose almost anything that you’d want to.
- feeling emotionally safe to be vulnerable.
- feeling that you only want to best for each other, and wanting to do the best for each other (even if it means doing something differently than you might have otherwise).
- feeling that the other is the first person you want to turn to with good or bad news.
- mutual trust, respect, admiration.