1. Discuss the nuanced difference between each pair of words.
- Stubborn | determined
- Snoopy | curious
- Withdrawn | reserved
- Bold | brash
- Frugal | cheap
- Energetic | hyperactive
- Self confident | smug
- Likes to share with others | talks too much
- Has strong opinions | domineering
- Creative/ innovative | doesn’t listen to rules
- A leader | bossy
- Attends to detail | picky
- Generous | wastes money
- Analytical | pessimistic
Review: Speak with tact
2. Rephrase these statements to include the SITUATION rather than the person.
The shirts are all wrinkled when your spouse did the laundry.
“I hate when you let my shirts get wrinkled.”
You both have a wedding tonight. Your spouse is still not ready.
“I can’t believe you’re making us late again.”
It’s rush hour, you are afraid you’ll be late for a meeting.
“We’re late. You could have just put on the shirt I suggested, and we could have left much earlier.”