Embrace the correction as a gift. Your response to the correction should reflect that you are grateful for them sharing with you.
Keep it short; admit the mistake and thank them for helping. Do not try to rationalize your point of view or defend yourself. This shows your willingness to take in other perspectives and learn.
- “Thank You. I needed to hear that.”
- “Huh. You know… you’re right. I appreciate your mentioning that.”
- “You’re right. Yeah.. I… can’t believe I actually did/said that.”
- “Wow, yeah. You’re right. Sorry about that.”- “Thank you for sharing this with me.”
- “I hadn’t thought of it like that. I understand now. Thank you.”
(of course your tone matters)